BlueFox counts the number of devices within a specified range of your sensor. The range is spherical. BlueFox uses Wi-Fi sensing technology and detection algorithms to estimate the number of mobile devices within the desired range.
Please keep the following in mind:
- BlueFox sensors are estimating the presence of Wi-Fi devices within the detection range,
whether the Wi-Fi is enabled or disabled is not important.
- Install your sensor as centrally as possible for increased accuracy. If your detection range is too large, you may be detecting devices outside of your desired range.
- Our default setting is -75 dB (75), which corresponds to a fairly large detection range.
- Adjustments can be manually made via the BlueFox dashboard or BlueFox Count mobile app.
- A setting of 40 detects the area within approximately 12 feet / 4 meters from the sensor.
- A setting of 75 corresponds to approximately 75 feet / 25 meters.
- The max range is 120 or approximately 300 feet / 100 meters (outdoor).
Amongst other settings, the calibration process fine-tunes the sensor detection range: the main goal of that detection range setting is to have a quick and easy way to get your sensor online and validate that it is up and running. For data accuracy, you need to run the calibration of your sensor.