Please follow these steps to add BlueFox technology to your BrightSign media player(s).
Prior to purchase, check that you have a compatible BrightSign device and that the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth module and external antenna are installed inside each BrightSign media player.
Following your BlueFox purchase, you'll receive set up information, including an activation code and a link to download the BlueFox extension.
First, create your BlueFox account. Next, download the BlueFox extension and install it on your media player by following these steps:
- Insert an empty BrightSign SD card* into your computer and drag and drop the file to your SD card.
- Eject the SD Card and insert it into the BrightSign player.
- Plug in the Ethernet cable, then power up your player as you normally would.
- Wait until the light is solid to indicate that the BlueFox firmware was successfully installed.
- Keep your Ethernet cable plugged in.
- Update your BrightSign player firmware to the latest version available if needed.
Now, login to the BlueFox Dashboard to register your sensor(s). Refer to the Dashboard User guide.
Each media player is referred to as a sensor. To add a sensor, enter the following details:
- MAC Address of the BrightSign media player (labeled MB MAC on BrightSign sticker)
- Location Name
- Sensor's Time Zone
- Desired detection range (get info and tips).
You’re done! You should now see your sensor(s) in the BlueFox Dashboard.
Online indicates that your setup was successful
Offline indicates that your sensor may be unplugged, needs to be re-started, or that the extension download was not successful.
Once your sensor shows online, or should you need help, contact your Customer Success manager to schedule your activation call. We’ll be sure to answer any questions and help sign you up for BlueFox Dashboard reports.
*SD card must be ordered from BrightSign (FAT32 or ExFAT formats).