The BlueFox MiFi device has an option to communicate with the BlueFox Cloud backend via a cellular connection if a SIM card is in place.
SIM card requirements:
- Micro-SIM format (also known as 3FF)
- SIM card needs to be activated
- 3G speed minimum
- APN will need to be set up manually on the MiFi
- In the USA, compatible with AT&T and T-Mobile networks.
- In Europe and Asia, compatible with most major carriers
- Contact us to confirm carrier compatibility in other countries
In terms of data cellular consumption, which depends mostly on foot traffic, we offer the following guidelines:
- below 1,000 visits/month: 500MB / month
- below 10,000 visits/month: 1GB / month
- above 10,000 visits/month: 1.5GB / month