- The network needs to be stable and stay online for 24 hours per day.
- Minimum bandwidth requirements: 500 kb/ second.
- DHCP must be enabled. The following ports need to be open for the BlueFox sensor to communicate with the Cloud properly. 80, 443, 22 - output only, TCP (used to log into the sensor for troubleshooting purposes), 5514 - output only, TCP and UDP (used to send diagnostic logs).
- If connecting via Wi-Fi:
- the signal broadcasted must be 2.4 GHz (not 5 GHz).
- The network must be open (no proxy or captive portal). In other words, if your building's Wi-Fi network requires that the guest agrees to terms and conditions before accessing the Internet, this process will interfere with the sensor's Internet connectivity.
Note that crowded or unstable Wi-Fi environments can result in the sensor going offline and hence interrupt functionality and data collection. Should the Wi-Fi / Internet at your location be unstable or insufficient, Internet connectivity can be achieved using a BlueFox MiFi sensor featuring Cellular 3G/4G connectivity. For this, a GSM provider with a data plan is required for each sensor.
Please contact us for any question, or should you experience any network-related connectivity issues at your location.